Monday, January 21, 2008

My Saturday in Melaka

We decided to head down to Melaka on Saturday so the three of us with a couple of friends got into a minivan and had a blast. No itinerary, just a fun, laidback evening. First stop, Kampung Morten for nasi lemak wrapped in banana leaf. My girlfriend said it was good but I didn't know it was that good. Mmm mmmm delish. Then we hit another area for seafood. The best! Both in taste and price. We had prawns, stingray and deep fried calamari. I drank coconut juice - from the fruit. No pics peeps, you guys should know me by now, where there's food everything else is secondary! Oh before I forget, just before reaching the seafood place, we found this signboard where I just had to have a picture of. Roy got out while we laughed our behinds off...

Translation: Cows not permitted. Private property.

Duhh. Cows everywhere, this is the importance of going to school. Now look where the head of the herd had brought you to. At least the cows in Melaka are bright enough to tell (read???) where their presence is not appreciated.

Whoever came up with this idea, we wonder which school you went to?

Right after dinner we headed straight for the town to Jonker Street. Major night market every Friday and Saturday night and the street is transformed to Jonker Walk. During the day it's where you get antiques, gemstones and just about everything and it's also where you find the Peranakan Museum. This is where the life is in this historical town. I scored this hand beaded flip-flops for RM18.


And nothing related, this is how I look like with the shorter hairstyle.

Picture by Sean

18 comments:

Aisha said...

I love the flipfloops (:
and your haircut is so pretty, i think i've said that before to you, but it's just that i really like it.

You are so right when saying "where there's food everything else is secondary!" hahaha. I love seafood, it's my favourite.

Lynn said...

Aww Aisha darl, you're so sweet... Thanks! I love the flip flops too, they're my main squeeze right now haha!

Vintage Bunny said...

Hi Lynn
Your hair suits you perfectly.When I asked my hairdresser(my husband) for a bob,he said that it would not look good framing my chubby face!!!
I miss drinking coconut juice straight from the coconut.
PS:I finally remembered to ask my brother where he stayed and he said the Hyatt(that was where the blue decorations where)

AsianCajuns said...

I love your hairstyle - you look great!

Sounds like you had the perfect day - the ridiculous billboard was just icing on the cake.

Diana Rikasari said...

hi there...nice blog you have!! :)

Lynn said...

Hi VB! Well aren't you a lucky girl!! If my husband was a hairdresser I'd make him style my hair each time I have a function to attend. God bless him for not being one :-D.

Ahh, Hyatt, that's a popular hotel for having a tough golf course.

Lynn said...

Hey ACs! Thanks - glad you peeps appreciate it! You got it right, that thing is just ridiculous!

Lynn said...

Hi Diana, thanks for visiting and dropping a note. I checked out both your blog and Friendster a while ago and must admit you're one stylish lady! I'll be visiting again for sure.

Wendiva said...

aww...MISS U TOO! sorry, traveling in states, haven't had time to write. but i promise to be better about it. xoxo right back at ya!!

Wendy said...

You hair style is so cute! And those flip flops are very beautiful, such intricate beading.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Love that picture of you
your hair suits you and so does that top!

Lynn said...

Gee, thanks peeps!

WendyB said...

Well, aren't you looking all gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Thanks, Wendy heheee... So have you got that issue sorted out? I needn't say how much I miss you.

Elisabeth said...

Aww - that short style suits you so well! What a cuite!

Lynn said...

Elisabeth, you're too klind.

Thanks peeps, keep 'em coming hahahaha!!!

Monika said...

your blog is awesomeness!

Lynn said...

P-a-PP, my hair's grown longer now :(, it's sort of in the middle of nowhere, can't wait for it to be long again actually!