Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Back from the holidays

I'm baaaaaack! What a wonderful reunion we've had. I know I mentioned in my last post that I'd hope to post pictures of the reception. What I didn't mention was that my cousin was marrying someone from the royalty and that the king from one of the states was attending the do. So to adhere to the strict protocols, we weren't allowed to take photographs till after dinner time. Bummer... I really wanted to capture the bride and groom in action but right when it was open time all the cameras started flashing and people came from nowhere. What was the funniest is we think they were trying to capture the beeyoootiful princess who just married the Regent, well yes of course they wanted to see Erin and Shah too hah! Anyways, as there were too many people in the way the pics we took appeared blurry, and where the good images could be clearly seen what showed were just guests and more guests... Oh well, I'll wait for the soft copy then. Sorry guys! Have these instead.


Hungry and waiting for the arrival of the Highnesses King and Queen so we could finally eat...

After the King, Queen, Regent and Princess had left my husband managed to take these pics of the gossiping girls...

"You know this ugly stepsister actually insisted that she was prettier than you...", says the bride. "And why do you look so amused telling me that???", I was totally irked.

"No, of course I wasn't! I made sure to tell her that no one can make a man give in to her whims and wishes by a flick of her hair and a toss of her head but you and you alone!"

"Damned right I could! You'll want me body people will walk you through it!!"

I left that night feeling absolutely elated.... ;-p

I'm glad we managed to steal some time off of the entourage the next day and had a quiet dinner at a pleasant place called Passions of Kerala. If ever you guys came to Penang, you should really give the place a try. Warning though, for lovers of curry dishes or adventurous first timers only. Totally worth it.

10 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love all your pictures lynn
the bride looks so beautiful
wish i was some sort of royalty hahahha

Aisha said...

Those are looooooovely pictures (: I also like your dress.

Happy holidays (:

La Belette Rouge said...

The bride is lovely. But, you are much-much prettier. So happy you had such a lovely time. I envy the amazing food I know you had.

Lynn said...

My lovely Jen,
Thanks, but the royalty now is my cousin. I'm far from it... But I'm still that simple momma her presence you can't deny hahahaa!!And tho beautiful my cousin was actually very tired having to endure rehearsals after rehearsals during the day. There goes her life, LOL!!!

Lynn said...

Thanks Aisha! I'm pretty sure if my cousin finds out about the captions of the middle 3 pics she'd give me a good dose of valium for that wandering mind of mine hehehe...

Oh, and what I had on was the kebaya, a national costume usually worn to formal functions.

Hi Ruby (your reply to my comment was too cute!)! You're so sweet, thanks for the compliment. Trust me, I was nowhere to feeling pretty that nite. We were rushed by the ADCs and arrived too early too tired with all the hoo ha going on, sigh... But lovely time, yes, I did have!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Glad you have fun.

Vintage Bunny said...

Hi Lynn
You look beautiful!
Did the restaurant have Kerala food or was it just named after it ?

AsianCajuns said...

You look gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Aww thanks honey... (err... both Cath and Lar!)

Lynn said...

Thank you P-a-PP!