Saturday, September 29, 2007

Alisa

I present you a haunting beauty, well to me at least...

"Alisa", courtesy of nadiO

There's just something in this face, even at 5, her beauty is out of this world. A sad story though, Alisa's an orphan at one of the orphanages in Kuala Selangor, Malaysia. I heard her parents divorced, her mom went insane (literally - she's institutionalized now) and her dad fled the country for his homeland in the States, and the Welfare Department took custody of her. My heart goes out to her :(. I pray for all things good for this girl.

Thinking of her, this song comes to mind. "Sad Lisa" by Cat Stevens. I did a search on YouTube and found a video. My first time embedding it on here, so please bear with the lack of skills...



On a lighter note, I love Cat Stevens. Reminds me of my childhood in the late 70s when dad used to play Cat's lp on the good ole turntable. Crisp voice, that man. Yusuf Islam now, I'm amazed he hasn't lost touch of his artistic side. I don't care what the world may think of him, he's a music legend to me. Even now when he's old and gray. He ROCKS! And why not have s'mores...



I would've put the live one on, it's got a punch in it rather than this one but embedding was disabled by request... Darn, but anyhow, to those interested, click here.

Okay, I'm hopping on the Peace Train. Come join me.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Beautiful little girl.

AsianCajuns said...

Yeah, she's stunning and I'm a Cat Stevens fan myself - at least the Cat Stevens from the late 70s ;).

miss *ann said...

that little girl is pretty. :)

Aisha said...

That little girl is so beautiful. I loooove kids. They're the most wonderful thing ever. Oh, and Cat Stevens is cool too =)

x

Victor said...

She is very beautiful. Hopefully she will make big things happen in the future!

xoxo

vivacious victor

Lynn said...

Yeah guys, she's indeed beautiful. Apparently she's not up for adoption, I was told. The orphanage she's with thinks she's an asset and wants to make money and exposure out of her so it can be invited to events with dignitaies and VIPs, which is downright crazy, idiotic and selfish!!! Imagine that. X(