Saturday, October 20, 2007

Eid Mubarak


The month of Ramadhan ended last week on October 13th and Syawal began the next day. Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin to my beloved family and friends. After a month of detoxifying, I figure we can intoxicate again, well a little shouldn't do any harm...

Raya goodies for the sweet tooth

This is the reason I've been quiet since the last post. Eid came and we were out of town celebrating. I went back to my hometown after three long years and needless to say, had to succumb to the pressure of visiting family members. Well serves me right for not doing that for ages. But that's the beauty of hari raya (eid), you see each other and wish everyone well, ask for forgiveness and make peace, not that I launched any war, but that's just how it is. A week of Eid and travelling across 3 states later, we arrived home sweet home. Oh how I missed my own bed, the air conditioning and most of all, the tranquility that I get to enjoy from my patio just listening to the windchimes. I don't mean to come across as a shallow worldly person, but come on, Malaysia sits right above the Equator - the heat doesn't make you a hot person!

Tradition says to visit your peeps during the month of Syawal, so come on over. Come one, come all. Let's have a feast.

XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bila open house nie? I visited Suzanne the other and her 3 cute little monsters. Oh boy! She's like the octopus lady, holding one child and stirring fried chickens at the same time..

Lynn said...

@ FC, you don't need an occasion to come to my place. Just drop by whenever! This whole month is visiting open month!