Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mommy, how old are you again?

Our recent MotoGP at the MScape VIP Village requires the patrons to be at least 18, since it's backed by the tobacco giant brand Marlboro. A legal age meeting point of some sort. Since we were there for two days we had to leave our 7 year old behind at my brother's, he very much knows he's under the age limit.

Today after lunch and seeing all the cool stuff in the goodie bags, we had this conversation:

7 y.o.: Mommy, you said I couldn't go because I'm seven.
Me: Uhum..
7 y.o.: Only 18?
Me: Right. 18 and older.
7 y.o.: 16?
Me: No sweetie, only 18 and above.
7 y.o.: Daddy could go because he's 50, right?
Me: (Grinning) Heh, right.
7 y.o.: Then how come you went? You're only 16...?
Me: Ooopsss.....

Honest to God I didn't teach him my age, or even my husband's! He made it all up by himself. what I find so flattering is now biting me in my own a@#...

10 comments:

Aisha said...

hahahahah
The kid is so funny. I love children.

mwah

Lynn said...

I know!!! When I think of it, my boy makes me feel so young!

WendyB said...

ROTFLMAO!

Vintage Bunny said...

That is funny!!Your boy knows what to say and when to say!He is a charmer

Aisha said...

Aw, is "the boy" your kid?
It must be soo nice to be a mum!

Lynn said...

@VB, you're right, he is a charmer and this one was so charming I didn't bother to correct him, haha! Even my dad who just celebrated his 60th birthday was informed by my son of his dad's age, and he found it hilarious!

@Aisha, yes, the boy is my son, and YES it is wonderful to be a mom, if you count out the sleepless nights and smelly diapers during the first 4 years hahhaha!!! Children are simply lovely.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Kids say the darndest things!

AsianCajuns said...

You're going to have to show your son this blog post when he gets older!

Lauren said...

oh to answaer your question about my hair for homecomming, i straightened it some, curled it some and put a LOT of product in it. put it in a loose, low ponytail and looped the ends and pinned it with bobby pins
:)

Anonymous said...

Dearie, you don't look a day older than 25.. :-)